THE COHEN NEW WORKS FESTIVAL 2015
The Cohen New Works Festival presented by Broadway Bank is a weeklong showcase of student-created new work held every other spring on The University of Texas at Austin campus. The largest collegiate festival of its kind, The Cohen New Works Festival is completely run and organized by a committee of graduate and undergraduate students, with the support of faculty co-producers. The Festival aims to give students the means to produce their ideas, to connect audiences with thought-provoking pieces and to bring all involved an appreciation of the process of creating original work. Creating new work is a continuously ongoing process and The Cohen New Works Festival is proud to say that the people and projects involved are, in a sense, “in the works,” exploring the endless possibilities of devised and collaborative new work.
Serving as Marketing Chair 2014-2015
• Create a long-range marketing and media plan, brand identity and media kit for the 2015 festival along with a schedule that aligns with departmental deadlines and stays in budget
• Plan and implement content strategy for social media accounts, including paid media
• Work with the Texas Performing Arts graphic design team to prepare marketing collateral
• Write copy for all press-related needs and create relationships with appropriate local and national news outlets
• Create/solicit/synthesize content for the Festival-at-a-Glance and Festival Guide
• Create and manage Festival marketing budget of $5,500
WORD OF MOUTH
Our audience loved the Festival and made sure to share that. Check out this storify to see the best of #NWF2015
The 2015 Festival Guide
Publicity Photography: Lawrence Peart, Courtesy of The University of Texas at Austin
Graphic Designer: Morgan Bathe, Texas Performing Arts
UT's ZeroWaste campaign
As part of the senior capstone class, my group project was given the task of promoting The University of Texas at Austin's ambitious and previously unheard of ZeroWaste initiative.
Of six groups we were chosen as the top project by the client.